Muscle Car Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGalleryChat RoomRoad Burner GameLatest imagesNew PostsSearchRegisterLog in

Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ktraver97ss
VIP
VIP
ktraver97ss

Number of posts : 13
Vehicle : 1997 Camaro SS
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Empty
PostSubject: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 pm

[Source: Autoblog]
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/30/r...ge-weeks-away/

Just like in the '60s, some people will take their new 2008 Dodge Challengers to the drags. Chrysler is reportedly ready to make this very easy for new Challenger owners. Allpar is reporting that within a few weeks, there will issue forth from Chrysler a Super Stock special version of the Challenger. The intended application is Stock Eliminator drag racing, and the cars get their own VINs and lots of lightening. Powering drivers down the strip will be versions of the Hemi and 5.9 liter Magnum V8s, twisting through manual or automatic boxes.

Jettisoning things like wipers, HVAC, sound deadening and seats make for a Challenger that's definitely not road-ready, but much lighter for track applications. 800 pounds have reportedly been trimmed out of the car through the omission of equipment and special composite body parts. Mechanicals have been modified to better suit the use, too. The main body unit gets tweaks, and the front crossmember is modified to a drop-out unit. Front brakes are largely unnecessary when the nose is in the air for part of the run, so lightweight units have been fitted. The fascia support and cooling system also get the slim-fast treatment. More information will supposedly arrive soon, but a 1,320-pounding neo-E body pony car appears close at hand.

Heck, Im not even a Dodge fan, but that thing looks mean!
Back to top Go down
HemiPowered5700
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Number of posts : 36
Vehicle : 2006 Inferno Red Hemi Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 pm

I like the car, just don't think its gonna be street legal.
Back to top Go down
FastWagon
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
FastWagon

Number of posts : 143
Vehicle : 2007 Magnum SRT8
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:11 pm

It will not be street legal. here is a link to the official word from alpar.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Pretty bad ass car. If I decide to pick up a challenger this is the one for me. Although I will convert it into a street legal vehicle.

Nice thing is the state inspection guys are cool with me due to having the limos constantly inspected. They'll love it if I bring one of these in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BackstageCoachChicago.com
HemiPowered5700
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Number of posts : 36
Vehicle : 2006 Inferno Red Hemi Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 pm

FastWagon wrote:
It will not be street legal. here is a link to the official word from alpar.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Pretty bad ass car. If I decide to pick up a challenger this is the one for me. Although I will convert it into a street legal vehicle.

Nice thing is the state inspection guys are cool with me due to having the limos constantly inspected. They'll love it if I bring one of these in.

Dude, if you would be so kind I may have to use your connection when I take my car through...I'm getting Kooks headers and mids put it in.... No
Back to top Go down
FastWagon
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
FastWagon

Number of posts : 143
Vehicle : 2007 Magnum SRT8
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:41 am

as long as you have cats and no CEL you should have no problem. and im talking about state saftey inspection to allow yourself to register the car. Not emissions Smile

you shouldnt have a problem with headers though. to my knowledge as long as you have cats and no CEL they wont say anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BackstageCoachChicago.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor   Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dodge Challenger SS Drag Package Rumor
Page 1 of 1