Muscle Car Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGalleryChat RoomRoad Burner GameLatest imagesNew PostsSearchRegisterLog in

My first time down the track!!!! :-D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daytona Crazy
Amature Racer
Amature Racer
Daytona Crazy

Number of posts : 29
Vehicle : Plum Crazy Charger Daytona 0547/1400
Registration date : 2007-12-30

My first time down the track!!!! :-D Empty
PostSubject: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:09 pm

All I can say is WOW!!!My first time down the track!!!! :-D Racing Tonight was my first time down the drag strip and it was AWESOME!!! First run I took it easy just to get the feel for my car and the track. Then I started to let loose.
First run= r/t: .551 1/4: 15.430 @ 82.28mphMy first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_sad

Second run= r/t: .145 1/4: 14.659 @ 94.36mphMy first time down the track!!!! :-D Smile
Third run= r/t: .666 1/4: 14.28 @ 99.09 mphMy first time down the track!!!! :-D Banana

Thanks Chuck for helping me out with all the tips and pointers. I had a great time and I can't wait to do it again.
I will see some of you on Sat.!!!!!My first time down the track!!!! :-D Beerchug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/julia_9ulia
elcobra44
Central Scrutinizer
elcobra44

Number of posts : 323
Vehicle : 2006 Dodge Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Nice numbers on that last run!!

What did you do differently during the three runs to improve?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2422522
FastWagon
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
FastWagon

Number of posts : 143
Vehicle : 2007 Magnum SRT8
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:51 pm

god I wish our weather would cooperate enough to open the tracks...

I got a 3 month wait still :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.BackstageCoachChicago.com
sound&security
VIP
VIP
sound&security

Number of posts : 24
Vehicle : 06 dodge charger
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:53 pm

elcobra44 wrote:

she took the e-brake off the last run! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.tintland1.com
frdtch06gt
Amature Racer
Amature Racer
frdtch06gt

Number of posts : 49
Vehicle : 2006 Mustang GT
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Well done! It's quite a rush the first time down the track, isn't it! I can't wait for the warmer weather, drag racing is so much fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daytona Crazy
Amature Racer
Amature Racer
Daytona Crazy

Number of posts : 29
Vehicle : Plum Crazy Charger Daytona 0547/1400
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:25 am

elcobra44 wrote:

Honestly I am not sure other then really stepping on it. Of course it being 40 that night really helped cool off the car between runs too. Thank god for heated seats. And NO I did not have the damn e-brake on. tongue I never had a muscle car nor have I ever raced before. So this was a new expeience for me in alot of ways. I don't know of any streets around my area, other then driving way out west, to really open up the throttle. Before Wed the highest I had my car up to was 90 and only for a few seconds because of traffic. I can't wait to get out there again. The Mopar Challenge starts on the 19th so I still have a bit of learning to do.
I called Steve (sound&security) after my first run and tell him my time and he tells me he is too embarrased to talk to me, don't call him no more. No So I texted him with my second number and he replies, "Ok maybe we can still be friends." He totally cracks me up. Razz When I told him my final time he say "I told you that car can get into the 14.20s. I will let you call me tomorrow." What a great friend. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/julia_9ulia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first time down the track!!!! :-D   My first time down the track!!!! :-D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first time down the track!!!! :-D
Page 1 of 1