Muscle Car Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGalleryChat RoomRoad Burner GameLatest imagesNew PostsSearchRegisterLog in

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elcobra44
Central Scrutinizer
elcobra44

Number of posts : 323
Vehicle : 2006 Dodge Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-21

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Empty
PostSubject: The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod   The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:39 pm

I purchased a scanning LED bar and swapped the guts with the stock third brake light LEDs. Originally, I used a device that sound&security had sent me.

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod C0127a64-0f31-458b-8b09-991201872a77<-- Click to view video!

I have this guy set to scan when the interior lights come on, but this can be disabled with a switch. When braking, the unit flashes for 5 seconds before remaining solid. If you can't tell, this sucker is bright - 12 5mm LED bright! The brake light function over-rides the scan for safety.

Here's the LED bar I bought for those of you who want to do this mod..

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm

You have to remove the red cover to expose the bare LEDs or else it won't be as bright as mine. Here's what mine looks like. Ignore the reflective tape, that was the board I used to support the old LEDs. Yours shouldn't look nearly as messy as mine is. Smile

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Ledthirdbrakelight

There are three wires to connect. A ground, the blue wire which does the flash brake that gets tapped into the brake lighting, and the red wire that controls the scan which gets tapped to a 12v power source (the driving lights, interior lights, cigarette lighter, etc...)

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Wiringbrakelightcopy

My thanks to sound&security for the supplying me with the original lights - they will be used elsewhere!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2422522
HemiPowered5700
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Number of posts : 36
Vehicle : 2006 Inferno Red Hemi Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod   The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:02 pm

YOu think its illegal?
Back to top Go down
elcobra44
Central Scrutinizer
elcobra44

Number of posts : 323
Vehicle : 2006 Dodge Charger R/T
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod   The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 9:00 pm

It's legal as long as you're not driving down the road with it scanning..

I turn it on for cruise nights, or at the track..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2422522
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod   The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scanning Third Brake Light Mod
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muscle Car Domain :: Garage Talk :: Mods, Mods and more Mods!-
Jump to: